Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Resurrection.

The stars come out of their graves for You.
(I do too.)
Their white hot fire and my heart suffuse.
(It's all for You.)

Hot coals fire
where the diamonds blush,
treasures come up from
even in the rough.
A bloom in the ash
and a tombstone cracks;
a grave yawns wide for the men on their backs.
All that death could once control
falls away from my vibrating soul.

Dead at best, You knew she slept.
With nothing left, You called her back.


Awake,
awake,
awake into the Light.


When Heaven battles,
when old bones rise,
when Mercy walks among us
with fire in His eyes--
as the Earth has groaned
so the Earth will sigh,
as its old graves tremble
and its dry wells cry--

He'll walk between graves with the walking dead
with Lazarus hearts that got up when He said. . .


Awake,
awake,
awake into the Light.


His feet will walk on Earth again
as I hear her say,
"I remember Him.
It's been so long
since You've been gone.
I remember way back when;
I remember Him."

Oh, grave where is your sting?
Oh, death where is your victory?


Awake,
awake,
awake into the Light.


February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment