Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Indomitable.

Give me the strength to resist the day;
virtue to grapple the perilous plight
of the fallen, disasters, and scorching melee
disillusioned in wastelands and blinded in night.

Leave me Your vision, returned by the light;
Heaven to help me incline toward the stay
of Your stronghold withstanding the force of my flight
and Your grounding ensuring I won't lose my way.

Serve me the means with which I can resolve
to find myself sated by every good thing;
convinced and invaded by Fullness and All,
left ruined to hungry things You did not bring.

Build me with knowledge's sure-holding beam,
giving my heart stone to footing and wall,
set against windscape and rain's biting sting,
stalwart and fiercesome to stand for Your call.


February 8, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment