Thursday, December 24, 2009

Forcing the Hand.

"The danger and the power; the friend and the foe."

What is it that
compels you;
magnetic,
helpless,
like a moth
drawn to the flame.

Even so,
I am the same.

Threads have woven
bleeding hearts,
and as they pull apart
they're broken.

Worlds apart,
two spheres that spin,
gravity won't let them
touch,
nor let them drop
as fallen stars.

Stuck.

Magnets
repelling,
and yet made of the same
power,
tired, attraction
tries them (over and over)
with the same reaction.
The spark,
electric hitting water;
though attractive,
it has no power.

The moon draws tides,
I draw you.
I am True North.

Your compass broke.

A desert island
without harbour,
you're circling in lonely waves.
You like the thrill of the water;
I like the home that holds the flame.

So leave me to my own
to live; to love.
In another life, I was the one.
Eternal flames cannot die;
so this one,
I will hide

to save you;
to save me.

December 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment