Friday, May 15, 2009

Her Song

What is your name?
Who are you talking to?
I'm in this frame of mind
pondering you.

You're riddles and rhymes.
Are you slightly amused?
Well, laugh all you want, my love.
I'm still confused.

'Cos you sit the longest while
in corners of my mind
strumming your fingers through
all my thoughts,
playing in time.
(How you do what you do.)

Can you walk by?
We've painted all the signs.
I'd like to brush your arm,
tell you you're mine.

You soon unfold;
I am a secret smile.
Lips sealed, but certainly,
I am enthralled.

You're everything I've got.
Everything I'm not.
How long is forever, my love?
Is it a lot?
I hope it's enough.

I've tried your name,
but only a time or two.
Oh, I'm in this frame of mind
pondering you.

May 14; June 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment